During 1601 most of the Shoreditch habitants lived near Holywell Street- Shoreditch High Street that led north to the parish of Shoreditch (St Leonard’s) at the North West end. In this area the High Street joints the Old Street and to the north side it met the Kingsland Road both of these streets having origins since Roman periods. On the east of the Kingsland Road, there were big houses such as fifteenth century Copt Hall. However, in 1602, the clay soil in the area between Hackney Road and Kingsland Road were being used to make bricks and just 12 years later , the Shoreditch area saw its brick terrace- Rotten Row or Ratcliffe- which were built close by.
Map of London of Radulph Agas, which was about made in 1570 give you a glimples of the Elizabethan Shoreditch. Two upstairs timber framed apartments and cottages line in the Holywell Street with beautiful gardens and places beyond and St Leonard’s Church. To the east side Hog Lane that runs market gardens and past fields to Finsbury.fine out shoreditch estate agents for more inforation about shoreditch property price and area information.
St Leonards Church is the oldest parish of Shoreditch; it is generally called as Shoreditch Church. The parish lost its medieval popularity of its saints and the Virgin Mary at reformation. After several years later several rich and popular people settled in this region and now it has become one of the best places in London city.
Hoxton is an area which is located in London Borough of Hackney. On north of the Old Street this area is located. At the north corner of the road the medieval village settlement took place. However during 16th century there was building further south side since foreign ambassadors and courtiers started building houses since this area was very close to the Westminster and London city.